The Artist in Residence program is an annual nine-month residency program, from September to June, where artists are given studio space in one of the five floors of the Fire Station building. The residency is an opportunity for artists residing in Qatar to develop their art practice.
This residency is open to Qatar-based artists aged 21+. Students enrolled in an Academic program at the time of the residency are not eligible to apply.
The program is open to all artistic practices, including but not limited to visual arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, media art, installation, graphic arts, illustration, etc.), photography, film, sound art, design, and literature.
The residency includes:
• 24-hour access to a private furnished studio space.
• a monthly per diem
• access to the wood workshop and fabrication lab with technical assistance and support.
• mentorship, guidance and critiques throughout the program duration
• Networking opportunities and interactive sessions with artists and guest artists
• media and social media coverage.
• interactive sessions with artists and guest critics (invited artists and curators).
• Open Studio Nights.
• public talks.
• opportunity to participate in the end of program exhibition at the Garage Gallery.
Artists must apply online via the Application Form once submissions are open. The open call is open from the 1st of February of each year and closes on 1st of April.
An esteemed panel of judges will assess applications and select artists to be enrolled in the program. Clickhere to know more about our jury.
Both accepted and rejected applications will be advised about their selection by 1st June via email.