Paris Art Residency Program
Studio of Qatar: Cité internationale des Arts
Fire Station: Artist in Residence Program
Terms & Conditions 2018
- Please ensure that you are aware of all Terms and Conditions before you apply for the Artists in Residence Program at the Fire Station.
- The application to the Fire Station - Artist in Residence program is open to all artistic disciplines and practices.
- There is no bias for any artist on the basis of nationality, gender, age, race or religion.
- Applicants are not required to have any formal or academic training in the Arts (i.e. BFA or MFA). Self-taught artists are equally eligible to apply to our residency program.
- The residency program will run for a period of 9 months commencing in September and ending in June with a mandatory group show.
- A panel of esteemed judges selected by the Fire Station Committee will review all applicants. All applicants will be notified via email about the jury’s final decision regarding the selected artists.
- When applying, the artist should make sure to fill in all the mandatory fields in the form. Any missing requirements from the application will cause the application to be disqualified automatically.
General Residency Guidelines
- The artist will have access to all Fire Station facilities, and is therefore requested to ensure their proper use and maintain their existing condition.
- The artist will be solely responsible for the upkeep and safeguarding of their studio space. The Fire Station is not responsible for any objects or materials left in the studio. Please bear in mind that no personal belongings are to be left in common/ public areas.
- In the case of untimely termination or departure from the residency program, the artist is requested to inform Senior Management, and return the key along with the studio space in the same condition as it was received.
- Artists are required to participate in Open Studios Initiatives which opens the studio spaces to the public on selected days during the program. This will be pre-discussed and agreed upon notifying the residents in advance.
- The Fire Station – Artist in Residence Program organizes monthly activities for residents to enhance their experience during the residency and better their artistic careers once the residency is over.
- Artists are required to participate in bi-weekly discussions, both in individual and group settings, in order to aid the development of their work while at the Fire Station.
- Upon completion of the residency, artists are required to donate a minimum of one artwork to the Fire Station. This helps us build our collection, which we will proudly display for years to come.